Kaleidescape will discontinue the sale of all Premiere system components as of July 31, 2020.
Why is Kaleidescape discontinuing Premiere products?
Reduced consumer demand and challenges in sourcing parts have made it impractical to continue to offer components for Kaleidescape Premiere systems. Declining sales of DVD and Blu-ray discs have led to decreased interest in products that play movies in these formats. It has also become very difficult to procure certain parts necessary to manufacture products that play DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
Which customers are most affected by this end-of-sale announcement?
The customers most affected by discontinuing Premiere products are:
- Customers who own Premiere systems that are installed in countries outside of the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- Customers who own Premiere systems with large or unusual collections of movies or music CDs, who need Premiere products to play their CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs. iii. Customers in territories where Strato products are not available, or who cannot use the Kaleidescape movie store.
Will Kaleidescape continue to offer support for Premiere products?
Yes. Kaleidescape will continue to offer technical support, hardware repair and software releases, as necessary.
Will Kaleidescape continue to offer movie disc recognition for Premiere systems?
Yes. Kaleidescape will continue to support disc recognition for Premiere systems for DVDs and Blu-ray Discs.
Will Kaleidescape continue to offer music CD recognition for Premiere systems?
Kaleidescape will continue to support disc recognition for music CDs. However, recognition will not be provided for newly released music CDs after June 30, 2020. 2
What are the warranty options if a customer orders Premiere products for backup purposes?
Each product includes a three-year warranty, which begins on the date of shipment from Kaleidescape. An additional two-years of warranty may be purchased.
Will Kaleidescape continue to provide hardware repair and replacement support for Premiere systems?
Yes. Repair and replacement support for in-warranty Premiere products will continue as before, and we will continue to make business-reasonable efforts to support out-of-warranty products, depending on parts availability. Repair and replacement costs will apply.
Will service kits continue to be available after July 31, 2020?
Yes. A limited number of service kits will be available after July 31, 2020, on a first-come-first-served basis.
Will Kaleidescape continue to offer Disk Cartridges for Premiere systems?
Yes. Kaleidescape will continue to offer 6TB Disk Cartridges for the 3U, 1U, and 1U+ servers. 10TB Disk Cartridges will also be available for 1U+ servers.
UPGRADE OPTIONS 10. What upgrade program is available for Premiere customers?
Premiere-to-Premiere Trade-up Program — NOTE: This program ends July 31, 2020. a. Upgrade legacy Premiere servers and players to the latest Premiere products and receive a new warranty and 25% off the dealer price. b. Click here to review eligible systems for trade-up: https://extranet.kaleidescape.com/sales-programs/ upgrade-opportunities.php. Click any system name on the report to see unit-by-unit upgrade options and corresponding credits.
If a client wants to take advantage of the Premiere-to-Premiere trade-up program for a new server, how does the dealer transfer content to the new server?
There are three options for transferring content:
- If the customer’s existing server is operational, a dealer can configure the new server on the same physical network to enable the content replication tool.
- If the customer’s existing server is not operational and the dealer has a compatible working server, the dealer may perform the replication.
- Kaleidescape also offers an option for dealers to send the existing server to Kaleidescape for replication. This service will cost $995 per server-to-server replication, and the time to complete the replication will depend upon the number of servers in the queue for this service. Please read our Replication Quick Reference Guide for more information: https://extranet.kaleidescape.com/programs/replication/index.php
Does upgrading an older server that is grandfathered for DVD import rights preserve those rights after transferring content to the new 1U+ server?
Yes, a grandfathered server that is upgraded to a new KSERVER-1550 will have DVD import rights transferred to the new server. To verify whether the old server is grandfathered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the serial number of the old server.
Once the original grandfathered server is upgraded, it must be returned to Kaleidescape. 13. Who can I contact to discuss upgrade options?
For international and marine distributors and dealers, please contact Robert Ozer at email@example.com. Support inquiries should be placed using the Dealer Extranet or by contacting support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View all FAQs