IsoTek, specialist in power conditioning solutions for home cinema systems, and recent Pulse Cinemas brand addition, has announced the Super Nova.
This new addition to the Ultimate Series, Super Nova is the most sophisticated (passive) front-end source component power cleaning system IsoTek has ever developed.
The Super Nova is designed for primary components that typically have a constant current draw, thus CD Players, Music Servers, DAC, Pre-Amplifiers and Phono stages can all benefit.
Each of the eight power outlets has its own dedicated power cleaning system, and each output has over 100’000 Amps (1840 joules) of protection, that’s over 800’000 combined.
So serious power and a genuine state
of the art product that we are delighted to be supporting as the first new
product since the brand joined our line-up.
The Super Nova also features ground filtering which is fully compliant with certification and safety standards; this is further clamped with an electronic protection circuit. Therefore, each connected component’s functional lifetime will increase as well as being totally protected against dangerous power surges and voltage spikes.
The Super Nova design includes a sophisticated new choke which allows a series connection that quadruples the inductance giving a vast increase in filtering at a constant 10 Amps if needed. In turn, this provides a typical load of 25-40W a massive power reserve.
In addition, two specialised radio frequency chokes which combined with capacitances produce a high level of classical (Pi filter) design filtration. Furthermore, there is the unique Nova adaptive gate system which produces the optimum resistance capacitance barrier eliminating differential mode cross-contamination.
Unlike some power clean concepts, Super Nova not only adjusts to the connected load, it creates the ultimate barrier to differential mode noise cross-contamination but also has the virtue of high transient power handling ability should it be required. All of this combined is designed to deliver a very reliable conditioner irrespective of operation.
All internal wiring features silver plated ultra-pure OCC (Ohno Continuous Cast) Copper with IsoTek’s VAD (Virtual Air Dielectric) technology and all PCB circuits feature double Oz copper.
These qualities are significant in themselves, however when they multiply eight times and comply exactly with IsoTek standards (total isolation of each output socket from mains noise) they achieve the ultimate isolation technology.
Key Features and Benefits
· Removes both common mode and differential mode mains noise.
· Over 100,000A (1840 joules) of instantaneous protection for each output socket.
· Eight medium-current outlets, rated at 16A, features a sophisticated new choke which allows a series connection that quadruples the inductance giving a massive increase in filtering at a constant 10 Amps if required.
· Eight unique conditioning stages ensure optimal isolation between each outlet, eliminating differential mode cross-contamination.
· KERP (Kirchoff’s Equal Resistance Path) technology ensures equal resistance and equal power delivery to all outlets, with no interference from one socket to the next.
· IsoTek VAD barrier – To obtain a dielectric Constance close to a vacuum, IsoTek has created a Virtual Air Dielectric offering just 1.0548 dielectric Constance. This air barrier is achieved by minimal conductor contact and the use of an FEP (Teflon) bridge.
· Optional DC can be installed
· Available with UK, US, AU (Chinese) sockets.